Monday, May 5, 2008

Orange wildflowers





I don't usually care for the color orange. It just doesn't do anything for me. I don't own any orange clothing, and I don't think I've ever used it in a quilt...but if I did, it was a VERY small amount. But when God uses orange its pretty nice.

This is some Flame Azalea. (top left) It's a wild bush honeysuckle kind of plant. Pretty spectacular to come upon it out in the woods. It really stands out.

And this is an Orange Fringed Orchid (middle)- a pretty rare wildflower we found in the mountains. It was blooming next to this large Carolina Lily (bottom) & we almost didn't see it. But once we took notice of this tiny orchid we were quite impressed! *G*

God's pallet of colors never goes wrong.

2 comments:

Naomi Haverland said...

I can't believe you didn't download these pics from a stock photography site!
Orange is my favorite color- it's all over my house and clothes.

Anonymous said...

Blake takes the awesome bug & flower pictures.
I take all the kid/family pictures. If it were up to him to record our life in pictures you'd never know we had any kids... because he's always taking pictures of bugs! Oh well... as least I can say I often FIND these flowers. Then it's up to him to capture theses images. So together, I guess we make a pretty good team.